When we have leftovers either from a restaurant or our home cooking sitting in the fridge, there might be a few things we need to think about before we pop those leftovers in the microwave for a quick reheat. That is the exact reason that I was so happy that I found this awesome video by Bright Side, on YouTube, that describes in-depth what foods are not safe to microwave. What I mean by safe is the fact that some foods can actually go through a chemical reaction when they are reheated that could be toxic.
One of the foods that are on this very informative list is mushrooms. While they may not look different, their protein structure can change when they are reheated, and that can lead to an upset stomach.
Chicken is another food that could be potentially dangerous to heat in the microwave. Chicken has a higher level of protein than other meats, and that protein structure can change if you reheat too quickly. The best thing to do, if you are reheating chicken is to set the microwave on low and cook for longer.
These are all such wonderful ideas, I am so glad that I found this amazing video.