This lasagna soup recipe by Cooking with Honey on YouTube is one of the perfect comfort two in one food to be cozy in cold weather. I love pasta and soup so this is a great recipe to make in one pot that does not require many dishes to wash in the end.
- 1-1/2 lbs. Italian sausage (can use ground beef)
- 3 cup chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (add 1 whole 6-ounce can for a deeper, richer tomato flavor)
- 29 oz. (two 14.5-ounce cans) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 8 oz. Pasta (or broken lasagna noodles)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tsp Garlic powder
- 2-3 tsp Onion powder
- 8 oz. ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Additional cheeses:
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
First, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the sausage or ground meat, and brown for about 3 minutes while breaking it up into bite-sized pieces. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and cook until the onion is softened. Continue to watch Cooking with Honey tutorial on YouTube for full instructions and details.
Next, while the soup is simmering, add the pasta or cook in a separate pot until al-dente. Stir in fresh basil before serving. Add cheese on top of the soup and other green herbs.
In conclusion, this is the type of soup that I would want seconds because there’s a lot of flavors compacted into one pot. I would serve this with baked cheesy garlic bread. You can also make this lasagna soup in a crockpot or instant pot too.