When I found this delicious Southern blue ribbon mac and cheese bake by Simply Food By TY, on YouTube, I had to try it. I have seen lots of mac and cheese recipes in my time but this Southern mac and cheese bake won a blue ribbon in a cooking contest, and when you see these delicious ingredients used, you will know why.
Ingredients For The Southern Mac And Cheese Recipe:
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni (cooked al dente)
- 1 stick of real butter (for the macaroni)
- 8-ounces of Monterey Jack cheese
- 8-ounces of sharp cheddar cheese
- 8-ounces of white cheddar
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 16-ounces of Velveeta
- 8-ounces of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 stick of real butter (for the roux)
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (for the roux)
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk (for the cheese sauce)
- 1 cup of half & half (for the cheese sauce)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Creole seasoning
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons of Eagle Brand milk
- 1 more half cup of whole milk
- 3 large beaten eggs (poured over the cooked macaroni before you add to the cheese sauce)
- Extra shredded cheese for the top
- 1/2 stick of real butter for the top (cubed)
In this delicious Southern blue ribbon mac and cheese bake by Simply Food By TY, on YouTube, you will learn how to make this award-winning rich and creamy mac and cheese in a few easy steps.
Then, you will bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.
This is a delicious recipe!