This is a hassle-free recipe that uses shortcuts to make buttermilk biscuit chicken pot pie. This recipe by Darius Cooks on YouTube is comfort food using canned biscuits. It’s a quick recipe and I love the flavor of rotisserie chicken so it’s already premade. The buttermilk biscuits on top add simplicity to this recipe, and I can’t wait to try it out.
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped leeks
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cups of diced rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon of dried fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon of Herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons of Chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- About 3 cups of water
- About 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 16-ounce bag of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 package of refrigerator biscuits
- *egg wash, optional
- *chopped parsley, for garnish
First, start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. In a large dutch oven, add in the olive oil and leeks. Saute until the leeks are tender. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Then, add in the rotisserie chicken along with the onions, celery, and carrots. Cook for a few minutes and add the flour and seasoning. Continue to watch Darius Cooks tutorial on YouTube for full instructions and details.
Next, once the chicken pot pie mixture is finished, transfer to a casserole dish. Top the filling with the biscuits and give them an egg wash, if you prefer. This will create a golden brown color on the biscuits. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
Overall, I would make this chicken pot pie recipe, and it’s hard to make the homemade crust but the canned biscuits save the day. Chicken pot pie is a nice dish to have on cold days. It’s like a warm hug in your make and it’s comfort food.