I am getting so excited about Halloween and decorating my house for this up and coming holiday. I recently found this awesome Dollar Tree DIY light-up haunted house video tutorial by Erica In The ADK, on YouTube, and I knew it was perfect for my Halloween decor. This is not a large decoration but is big enough to really demand some attention. The model house is quite thin and you fill the hollow inside portion with a string of orange Halloween lights.
Materials For Dollar Tree Light-Up Haunted House:
- 2 wooden plaques (from Dollar Tree)
- Wood print vinyl liner (from Dollar Tree)
- Bag of popsicle sticks (from Dollar Tree)
- Roll of spider web mesh ribbon (from Dollar Tree)
- Plastic bat rings (from Dollar Tree)
- Orange Halloween mini light string
- Roll of thin wire
- A hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- White chalk paint
- Black acrylic craft paint
- Foam brushes
- Mod Podge
- Kitchen shears
In this awesome Dollar Tree DIY light-up haunted house video tutorial by Erica In The ADK, on YouTube, you will learn how to make this project in a few easy steps. You start by cutting out your house pattern and covering it in vinyl.
Then, you will add your lights to the inside.
This is a really cute project and lights up the entire room. I really feel safe with this kind of string light idea around the children.