Old yellowed bed sheets are pretty undesirable, any way you slice it, but there is a way you can bring your bed sheets back to their natural luster that only requires a few household products and a washing machine. When I found this excellent bed sheet cleaning video tutorial by Almond Summers, on YouTube, I was more than ready to give this new cleaning method a try.
Materials For Making Bed Sheets White Again:
- Shout (for stubborn stains)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (get a few bottles, this always works well)
- Woolite (to use if the item has a greasy stain)
- Baking Soda (or washing soda)
- Oxy Clean (get a large size from Home Depot)
- Resolve Carpet Cleaner (for extra tough stains)
- A bucket for pre-treating (you will leave the sheet in for a day or so, depending on how stained it is)
In this excellent bed sheet cleaning video tutorial by Almond Summers, on YouTube, I could not wait to get my sheets as clean as the ones in this excellent video. Tou will make a pre-treating bucket mixture using warm water, peroxide, and baking soda, then submerge your sheet.
Then you will leave the sheet for about a day inside the pre-soaking mixture. Then you wash the sheets with the other ingredients, and the results will be amazing!