The moment I saw this strawberry excuse cake video tutorial by Jan D’Atri on YouTube, I fell in love. This cake is just like the one my aunt June used to make for the annual strawberry festival in the little town where I grew up. The strawberry excuse cake is the perfect excuse to top with all of the things you love, but instead of spooning the strawberries over the golden vanilla cake, the strawberries are actually cooked into the cake itself. This cake is cooked with delicious strawberry jello and the flavor is incredible.
Ingredients For The Strawberry Excuse Cake:
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 package of Strawberry Jello
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of strawberry juice (you can use water if you don’t have any)
- 2 pints of fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Kiwi, grapes, blueberries, star fruit, or fresh fruit of your choice
- 5 to 6 mini Snickers bars (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 2 containers buttercream or white icing
In this strawberry excuse cake video tutorial by Jan D’Atri on YouTube, you will learn to make this delicious cake in a few easy steps. It is called an excuse cake because it is a delicious excuse to put whatever you want on top.
Then, you will add anything and everything you want to the top and too the middle of this gorgeous cake.
This is a great recipe, I really love it.