I had never heard of a Dutch baby before, but it is a German pancake of sorts. a big pancake, that is, cooked in a cast-iron skillet. When I found this awesome recipe for a giant baked pastry pancake, called a Dutch baby, by Food Wishes, on YouTube, I knew I had to make it.
Ingredients For Blueberry Dutch Baby:
- 1/2 cup packed all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2/3 cups milk at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter (Ghee)
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries (or other berries)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 of a lemon (squeezed over the Dutch Baby)
- Powdered sugar sprinkled over (or maple syrup)
In this awesome recipe for a giant baked pastry pancake, called a Dutch baby, by Food Wishes, on YouTube, you will learn how to make this delicious breakfast souffle pancake treat in a few easy steps. You begin by making your watery baller and pouring it into a hot skillet, then adding blueberries to the top.
Then, you will remove the Dutch baby from the burner and coof it in a 425°F oven until golden brow.
This Dutch baby is a gorgeous breakfast to serve guests or loved ones, and it is super easy!